BBQ Moose Sirloin Roast Rub
Posted on 11/20/2017
by Jon Van Dijk
A perfect rub recipe for a tender medium-rare roast encrusted in a crispy, herb-flavoured crust.
- 3-5 lb moose sirloin
- 1 ¼ tbsp paprika
- 1 tsp kosher salt
- 1 tsp garlic powder
- ½ tsp ground black pepper
- ½ tsp onion powder
- ½ tsp ground cayenne (optional)
- ½ tsp dried oregano
- ½ tsp dried thyme
- 2 tbsp olive oil
Prep: 5m | Cook: 2.5hrs
- Mix dry ingredients together in a bowl, then add olive oil and mix well with a spoon for a couple minutes.
- Rub sirloin roast with the mixture.
- Preheat BBQ to 400F.
- Turn heat off on one side and place roast on grill (on unheated side).
- Adjust dial for the side that remains on to maintain 400F.
- Cook until internal temp reaches 135F-140F (25 minutes per pound is a good guideline but individual BBQs will vary).
- Turn roast once during cook time.
- Remove from heat, tent with tin foil and let meat sit 15 minutes before slicing.
Back to the Kitchen