Korean Venison Skewers
Posted on 07/15/2018
Are you ready to give your game meat a delicious yet unexpected flavour? A little sweet, a little spicy, these venison skewers bring Korean flavour to your BBQ.
- 1 ½ - 2 lbs venison tenderloin or backstraps, cut into 2-3 cm pieces
- ⅓ cup soy sauce
- ¼ cup sweet chili sauce
- 1 tsp chili paste
- 2 tsp sesame oil
- 1 tsp onion powder
- 3-4 cloves garlic, crushed
- 2 tsp ginger, grated
- 1 tsp brown sugar
- Salt and pepper to taste
Prep: 15m | Cook: 10m
- Trim venison of all silver skins and cube meat into 2 to 3 cm pieces.
- Mix marinade ingredients in bowl.
- Pour marinade evenly over venison pieces. Marinade in the refrigerator for 1-4 hours or overnight, if you wish.
- Skewer meat using metal or wooden skewers.
- Heat barbeque to medium-high and place skewers on the grill. Turn every two minutes, browning all four sides. Grill for 8-10 minutes for medium-rare. Remove from grill and tent to finish.