Slow Cooker BBQ Pulled Goose
Posted on 09/22/2016
by Brad Fenson
What’s for dinner? It better be easy and delicious! Snow goose (or any waterfowl you choose), is prepped like pulled pork and served hot in a sandwich. Get it ready the night before and start your slow cooker the next morning. Come dinner time, simply shred and enjoy!
- 2 tbsp butter
- 4 cloves garlic, minced
- 1 medium onion, thinly sliced
- 6-8 goose breasts
- 2 tbsp Worcestershire sauce
- 2 cups chicken broth
- 1 tsp chilli powder
- ¼ cup molasses (optional)
- ¾ cup barbecue sauce
Prep: 20m | Cook: 6-8hrs
- Sauté onion and garlic in butter for 5 minutes.
- Remove from pan, add goose breasts and lightly brown the meat.
- Place all in slow cooker, add Worcestershire sauce, chilli powder and chicken broth to cover.
- Cook on high 6-8 hours until meat is tender.
- Remove meat from slow cooker, place on a cutting board and shred meat by pulling apart with two forks.
- Remove all but ¾ cup liquid from the slow cooker.
- Put shredded meat back in slow cooker and add barbecue sauce (if you want a thicker, richer sauce, add molasses).
- Stir completely and leave in cooker to stay warm.
- Serve on a fresh bun with coleslaw or hot peppers.