Spaghetti with Venison Meat Sauce
Posted on 11/08/2019
Comfort food that’s easy to make. How can you go wrong with pasta covered with a thick tomato and venison meat sauce? Our base ingredients are tomatoes, onions, garlic and ground deer – everything else is optional to your taste!
- 3 lbs ground venison
- 1 ½ large onions, coarsely chopped
- 6 cloves of minced garlic
- ½ tsp salt
- 1 tsp ground black pepper
- 3 ½ tsp oregano
- 1 tsp paprika
- ¼ tsp marjoram
- 2 ½ cups Sliced fresh mushrooms
- 3 5-ounce cans of tomato paste
- 4 14-ounce cans of tomato sauce
- ¼ cup grated cheddar cheese
- ¼ cup grated parmesan cheese
- 1 tbsp sweet basil
- 2 tbsp Louisiana Hot Sauce
- ½ cup finely chopped green pepper
Prep: 30m | Cook: 2-8h
- Brown the ground meat, onions and half the garlic in a frying pan. Cook on medium heat to prevent venison from drying out. Once browned, transfer to a large slow cooker or Dutch oven and add the remaining ingredients.
- Simmer at least two hours on low, allowing the sauce to thicken and flavours to mix. The longer it cooks, the better it will be. This is a great recipe for hunting camp or work days when you can put it in the slow cooker and return at the end of the day to a delicious meal.
- Serve the meat sauce over spaghetti or your favorite pasta.