Sweet Heat Venison Slices
Posted on 12/10/2019
Finding wild game hors d’oeuvres recipes that can please the masses seems challenging…until now! Easy to prep and cook, these venison slices taste sweet and savoury thanks to Canadian maple syrup and spice. One bite, and your company will be wishing for venison in their freezers.
- 1 lb venison steak
- 2 tbsp soy sauce
- 2 tbsp maple syrup
- 2 large cloves garlic, minced
- 1 tsp sriracha sauce
- ½ tsp sesame oil
- 2 tbsp vegetable oil
- 1 tsp sesame seeds
Prep: 1-4.5h | Cook: 5m
- Thinly slice venison into two- to three-inch strips.
- Blend soy sauce, maple syrup, garlic, sriracha sauce, and sesame oil. Add meat and marinade for 1 to 4 hours.
- Heat vegetable oil in a cast iron frying pan to medium-high. Add and sear the meat, stirring occasionally until browned, about 4 to 5 minutes. Be careful not to overcook the venison to ensure it stays tender.
- Plate the meat, and sprinkle with seasame seeds.
- Serve hot.