Big Game Burgers
Posted on 04/01/2018
We’ve all heard it before. Friends who say big game is...too gamey. Fire up the grill—these burgers will change their minds!
- 1 lb ground deer, elk or moose
- ⅓ to ½ lb ground pork
- 1 tbsp BBQ sauce
- 1 tbsp ketchup
- 1 tbsp steak spice
- ¼ tsp ground pepper
- 1 tsp chopped parsley
- ⅓ cup breadcrumbs (optional)
- ¼ cup chopped onion (optional)
- olive oil
Prep: 15m | Cook: 6-8m
- Combine ground big game, pork and remaining ingredients in a bowl (except for oil) and mix by hand.
- Add breadcrumbs if you find the mixture needs help sticking together.
- Shape mixture into six balls and flatten by hand or with a burger press.
- Brush each patty with olive oil to help keep the patties from sticking on the grill.
- Preheat the grill to medium.
- Place patties on the grill. Cook for about 3-4 minutes per side.
Offer your friends a variety of condiments and toppings to build their own burger. Guaranteed they’ll be back for more wild game from your BBQ!
Tip: Frozen patties make for a quick and easy meal. Place uncooked patties on a cookie tray in your freezer to flash freeze. Once frozen, place patties between wax paper, seal in an airtight bag, and place back in the freezer. No need to thaw before cooking. Just grill from frozen!