Dry Garlic Venison Steak Bites
Posted on 11/28/2019
Do you like dry garlic ribs or chicken wings? Then add a venison version to your list of socializing snacks! The beauty of this recipe is that it can be made with little preparation time, yet tastes like you’ve spent all day in the kitchen.
Venison is tender if you don’t overcook it. Loin, sirloin tip, or top sirloin steaks offer the best texture and tenderness for these steak bites that will be cooked fast in hot oil.
- 1 ½ lbs venison, cubed to 1-inch pieces
- 2 tsp garlic powder
- 1 tsp ground black pepper
- ½ tsp salt
- 2 tbsp cornstarch
- ¼ cup vegetable oil
Prep: 10m | Cook: 10-15m
- Mix the garlic powder, black pepper, salt, and cornstarch in a zip-top bag.
- Add vegetable oil to a cast iron frying pan and heat to medium-high. You need about ⅛ inch of oil in the pan—you may need extra depending on the size of your pan.
- Add meat to the seasoning mixture and shake until the pieces are evenly coated.
- Place individual pieces of meat into the hot oil, making sure there is space between pieces.
- Brown the meat, turning once. This will take 2 to 3 minutes.
- Remove the venison bites from the oil and drain on paper towel.
- Serve hot with barbecue sauce or another favourite dipping sauce.