Easy Big Game Burritos
Posted on 08/26/2016
by Sheila Campbell
Take your burritos to the next level - make them with your favourite big game!
- 1 lb ground elk, moose or deer
- ¼ onion, finely diced
- 2 tbsp olive oil
- 1-2 cloves of garlic, finely diced
- 1 tbsp basil
- 1 tbsp rosemary
- 2 tbsp chili mix
- ⅛ cup water
- Salt and pepper to taste
- Corn tortillas
- Shredded cheese
- Leafy greens
- Colourful peppers
- Sour cream
- Cilantro or other fresh herbs
Prep: 15m | Cook: 15m
- Brown onions and garlic in olive oil.
- Add basil and rosemary and let simmer on low.
- In a separate pan, lightly brown ground meat and pour off any excess liquid.
- Stir chili mix into water and mix in with meat.
- Add browned onions and garlic.
- Simmer on low to reduce moisture then finish on high to brown. Salt and pepper to taste.
- Melt cheese on your favorite wrap. Add a few spoonfuls of your burrito meat. Add fresh diced peppers, tomatoes and leafy greens. Top with salsa, sour cream, cilantro or other fresh herbs. Wrap and enjoy.