Jalapeno Duck or Goose Poppers
Posted on 09/15/2016
by Brad Fenson
- ¼ cup olive oil
- 1 tbsp soy sauce
- 1 tsp Hi-Mountain Garlic Pepper rub (or substitute ½ tsp each garlic powder and black pepper and add a pinch of salt)
- ½ can of beer or pop
- 8 duck or goose breasts
- 1 package (375 g) bacon (thin cut works better than thick cut)
- 6 jalapeno peppers
- ½ cup cream cheese
Prep: 40m | Cook: 10m
- Slice goose breast lengthwise into ½-inch wide strips (3-4 strips per breast).
- Combine all marinade ingredients in a Ziploc bag or plastic container. Marinate duck breasts for 20 to 30 minutes just before assembling the poppers.
- Slice jalapeños in half lengthwise and remove the seeds and core (you may want to use gloves as the seeds can cause irritation).
- Spread cream cheese in each pepper until they are about 2/3 full.
- Place duck strip on top of cream cheese.
- Wrap each popper with a slice of bacon and secure with a toothpick.
- Grill directly on the BBQ or in a foil pan for 2 minutes on each of the four sides until the pepper softens, the bacon is crisp and the goose is medium-rare to medium.
- Oven method – place poppers in an oven-safe dish and broil on high for 4-5 minutes until bacon is browned. Turn over once, and broil an additional 4-5 minutes.
- Turn oven off and let rest for a minute. Serve hot.
Back to the Kitchen