Shaved Rainbow Carrot Salad with Smoked Duck Breast
Posted on 09/27/2018
Here’s a crisp and light way to add an unexpected twist to smoked duck. You can start your meal with this delicious salad, or keep each serving larger for a perfectly fresh main course.
Recipe courtesy of Chef Jenny Kang from Bow Valley Ranche restaurant in Calgary. This recipe was initially published in City Palate; check out www.citypalete.ca for more great recipes and food ideas!
- 1 smoked duck breast
- 10 rainbow carrots, shaved with a peeler
- 5 oz baby kale
- 1 oz pistachio nuts, toasted for 5 min and chopped
- 3 oz feta cheese,
- crumbled green sprouts for garnish
For Honey Lemon Vinaigrette
- 3 tbsp honey
- 1 tbsp white wine vinegar
- ½ lemon, juiced
- ½ tsp Dijon mustard
- ½ cup canola oil
- salt & pepper to taste
Prep: 15m | Cook: n/a
- Put all the vinaigrette ingredients in a bowl, except the canola oil. Slowly add the canola oil and whisk well.
- Put the shaved carrot and baby kale in a stainless steel bowl and toss with the vinaigrette.
- To serve, put some of the carrot and kale on plates and sprinkle with the crumbled feta and chopped pistachio. Slice the smoked duck breast, place on top of the salad, and top with more of the carrot and kale.
- Garnish with green sprouts on top.
Back to the Kitchen